Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Race for the Cure

Today I participated in the Race for the Cure for breast cancer. No, not the actual race, just the non-competitive walk. To tell you the truth, in the beginning I wasn't all that excited. Getting up early on on a Saturday really isn't my thing, but then again, it isn't for most teens. Anyway, I started to look around at all the people around me and I realized that even though I was never close to anyone who died of or survived breast cancer, it really does effect so many people. Out of the 32,000 people participating in the Race for the Cure today, the majority of the people around me had a pink slip of paper on their back saying that they were there in memory or in celebration of a friend or a loved one. So hey, if getting up at 6 AM one Saturday means I get to support that many people in my community and help find a cure...it's totally worth it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment